Thursday, November 15, 2012

Healthy Green Smoothie

I'm sure you can tell from the recipes appearing on this blog that I don't eat the healthiest food in the world! LOL  But I do like to start my day with a healthy breakfast, as strange as that may seem.  After all, my diet for the most part is not going to win any healthy eating awards!  It just makes me feel better to at least start my day with something nutritious.  This is one of my favorite things because it is yummy, filling and as always, super easy.

Ingredients:
1 6 oz. container of light flavored Yogurt (I'm fond of the Yogplait Light such as Cherry, Strawberry Kiwi, Key Lime Pie, etc)  Whatever flavor you like will do just fine.
1 cup low fat or non fat milk
1 scoop Vanilla flavored Whey Protein Powder
1/2 cup fresh Spinach leaves
1/2 cup frozen fruit (I use Walmart frozen mixed fruit, it has pineapple, mango, and peaches in it)

Throw everything in the blender and puree it.  I know the spinach leaves seems like an add ingredient, but I promise, you won't taste them at all.  They are completely masked in flavor by the fruit and yogurt.  This smoothie is around 300 calories with non fat milk.  That may seem high, but as a high protein meal replacement, it's really not bad.  And it packs a lot of vitamins and nutrients as well.  Most of the carbs come from the fruit and milk so they are complex and take longer to burn off and will give you a sustained natural energy boost.  It's one of the few good things I put in my body.  At least I start the day off well!!!  Thanks so much for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment