Monday, November 26, 2012

Instant Spiced Tea

Spiced Tea is one of my favorite comfort foods when I don't feel well or when it's cold outside.  It soothes my sore throat and just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!  It's sweet, citrusy, and spicy.  Do you remember when we were kids and made the oranges with cloves stuck all over in them.  Well, that's what this tea reminds me of.  It smells a lot like that.  My mom made this for me every winter when I was younger and I loved it.  Sipping on it now brings back such wonderful childhood memories of feeling safe, warm and oh so loved.  I hope this brings you the comfort and joy it has brought to me.  This would be wonderful mixed in large quantities and kept warm in a crockpot or on the stove for your guests during your holiday parties.  It also makes really nice gifts for friends, teachers, co-workers, etc.  Just put in small decorated Mason style jars with a label or gift tag with the mixing directions. It's simple, affordable and delicious!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups of Unsweetened Decaf Instant Tea
2 Packets of Orange Drink Mix (similar to Tang but sugar free.  The size packets that make 2 quarts of drink.)
4 packets of Lemon Drink Mix (The size packets that you mix with a bottle of water.)
1/2 cup to 1 cup granulated Splenda, depending on how sweet you want it.
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 - 6oz packages of Red Hot Candies

Mix all ingredients well and store in airtight jars.  Mix 2 teaspoons of tea mixture in a mug of very hot water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment